Give me books, fruit, french wine and fine weather and a little music out of doors. --John Keats

Sunday, January 1, 2023

“An Elderly Lady is Up To No Good” by Helene Tursten

I just read another cute little tiny little book. (They go so quickly!) But this one is very different from the book I blogged about yesterday, in everything but size.

I'm pretty sure I heard about this one in the most recent issue of Oh Reader. Or maybe that was actually the sequel (which I have also purchased and plan to read soon, and which is just as cute and just as tiny). 

This mini-book contains 5 brief murder mysteries that rate pretty highly on the Agatha Christie scale. In fact they remind me a lot of Christie's stories (with an f-bomb or two thrown in), and the elderly main character, Maud, reminds me quite a bit of Miss Marple, except for one key difference: instead of solving all of the mysteries, Maud is the one committing all of the murders . . .  

No comments: