Give me books, fruit, french wine and fine weather and a little music out of doors. --John Keats

Friday, May 12, 2023

“A Dance With Dragons” by George RR Martin

It is finished.

I know after reading Book 1 I said I would be fine if this series were never completed. I lied. There is too much left unwritten. I want to read the rest of the story! So, actually, I should not have said it is finished. Because it is unfinished. (Although it does still bother me to think that I may have to buy the rest of the series in non-matching books.)

But as much as I enjoyed reading this series, it is also nice to be released from it. Now I am free to choose books to read all willy-nilly! But there is a downside to this . . . I remember back to when I used to choose books all willy-nilly (it feels like ages ago, but really it's only been a few months), and I remember that not all of  my selections are as readable as A Song of Ice and Fire. Some of my choices suck. Some are just OK. I've kissed a lot of frogs in my reading life. But maybe that's part of the appeal? Maybe having to hunt for a gem makes it all the more exciting when you find one? 

Here's hoping my next choice is a gem. 

No comments: