Give me books, fruit, french wine and fine weather and a little music out of doors. --John Keats

Tuesday, June 13, 2023

“A Stranger in the House” by Shari Lapena

I bought this book by mistake. Well, maybe mistake is not exactly the right word, but here’s what happened. We were browsing in Half Price Books and this title caught my eye. I enjoy a well-written suspense novel, and this one sounded intriguing. I knew I’d heard of the author before, and I even vaguely remembered I’d read a book of hers previously. I figured I must not have hated it or I would have remembered. (Ha.) Did I skip my dip test? I can’t remember that either. 

But now that I’ve read the whole thing, I find it hard to believe that it would have passed my dip test. And of course I have found and re-read my blog post about The Couple Next Door, which I really should have done prior to purchasing this book, because if I had done that I would not be writing this blog post right now and that would be an entirely good thing. 

At my age, I am sure I have already lived half my life (if not more). Lord save me from wasting any more of it on books like this.  


No comments: