Give me books, fruit, french wine and fine weather and a little music out of doors. --John Keats

Saturday, August 24, 2024

“A Visit From the Goon Squad” by Jennifer Egan

When I mentioned to Sam that I was reading A Visit From the Goon Squad, he asked me if I was going to blog about it. I'm pretty sure I looked at him as if he were crazy. Isn't that a given by now? I'm reading it. Of course I'm going to blog about it. But when I realized his reason for asking, it made perfect sense: Sam already blogged about this book, coming up on ten years ago. And, of course, he did an impeccable job, so I really want to end my post by saying, "Yeah, what he said." But I know that I at least need to mention that I really enjoyed reading this book as well--as much as, if not more than, Candy House. I think my only problem is now I want to re-read CH!



No comments: