Give me books, fruit, french wine and fine weather and a little music out of doors. --John Keats

Saturday, February 2, 2019

"Normal People" by Sally Rooney

I'm just . . . so annoyed by these people.

I really wanted that line to be my full blog post but I'm going to have to say more. Sam really liked this book and has been eagerly waiting for me to finish reading so we can discuss it. Maybe I should have waited to post until after we've talked about the book? Or maybe I'll come back later and edit to add more? But right now I'm almost angry about how both Connell and Marianne could so passively destroy their relationship and their happiness, time after time.

1 comment:

Ti said...

Oh, so they aren't normal or are they? I think many people throw their relationships away because it's much harder to work through conflict.